Monday, June 27, 2011

How?

How did He do it?
How did He take this torn, broken, lifeless form, and give me hope unbreakable.
How could He hang there on that cross, for ME?
How can He forgive me every time I rebel against the commands He has given me?
How can He hold me when peace seems so far away, knowing the things I have done?
How can He carry me when I can not walk on my own, when I have turned my back so many times?
How can He pick me up every time I fall, when I have ceased to profess His name when He gave me so many opportunity's?
How can He catch my every tear, and turn it into hope? How can such a love be real?

These are questions in my heart. How can it be? I don't understand. Why didn't He leave me for dead? That's what I deserved. I have defied Him so many times. I was a lost cause. But still He stayed by me until I let go, until I surrendered and stopped fighting the very thing that gives me peace. Though I don't understand how. This I know for sure, I am His and He is mine. And no mater what, He wont let me go, wont let me fall, slip, or slide. And I will spend the rest of my life striving to become what He has created me to be. I'm sold out, committed, and fighting for Him!

~All For Christ~
Rachel