Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why YOUR best?

When did the saying "Do your best" come into play? Why is America so obsessed with doing their best? There's a quote I like allot it go's, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got". When someone hears "do your best" they get a satisfied feeling, like, okay well I did my best and that's all I can do. No! We have to go for more! We need to stop settling for "our best" and go for "His best" for us. Because His plans for us surpass anything we could ever dream of. Our best is not even close to His best.
He has already written our life story, all we have to do is put our trust in Him. Easy right? Well not always. I heard a song lyric the other day that said "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans". Sometimes this is so true. Just when you think you got it figured out, boom He throws you a curve ball.
I've learned that sometimes my plans are so much different than His, that it's quite amazing to me. When storms of pain and brokenness blow through my life He reminds me that He is in control, and no mater what His perfect plan for my life will play out in His timing.
I guess what I'm trying to say is when you feel that you've done your best, dig deeper. Go for His best.
~All For Christ~
Rachel
P.s I kinda go off subject sometimes huh ;)

1 comment:

Maiden Princess said...

Not at all! It was wonderful! :) Thank you for the encouragement to dig deeper. It's oh so true that we need to keep our eyes on His besta and not just settle for what's within our comfort range or even our range at all because God is so much bigger than that. We need to strive for His best and give all we are towards that goal and by His grace, things we never dreamed possible unto us may come true!