Monday, September 5, 2011

I Let Go

Lord, I let go. Of my hopes, my dreams, my desires. My everything. I give you control, take all of me. Use me for your kingdom building. Help me to get over my insecurity's, to be able to be the witness, the woman, you want me to be. To be able to put everything else aside.

Strip me down, to the core. Teach me the things You want me to know. I don't want to treat You like a religion. You are my Savior, my Friend, my Everything.

Don't let me fall into what everyone else wants. What the worlds idea of a "Christian" is. The only thing that I desire is to please you. To soak in everything you are. Not to fit You in. To fit everything else in my life around You.

Help me to see Your will and not my own. Help me to follow the story You have written. When people see me I want them to see You. Not the broken down old thing that I am. Apart from You I am nothing, I have nothing, I will be nothing.

But through Your love, Your great sacrifice. I am healed, set free, changed. And I comit my daily life. I take up my cross, I live to serve You.

Not to be a good Christian girl. But to be wholly and completely sold out, for the work of the Lamb.

~Greatly Blessed~
Rachel

4 comments:

Rachel J said...

Lovely, Rachel. So heartfelt. May this always be our prayer.

God bless!
Rachel

Rachel said...

Thank you very much Rachel! I am very often blessed by your blog!
Rachel

Edana A. said...

A wonderful prayer! It's just so hard to keep my priorities straight and to really let go. So often I say I'm letting go, but I really haven't.

Edana A. said...

A wonderful prayer. It is so hard to really let go and let God work, and make the right choices.