Saturday, July 9, 2011

Contentment

Today I had a wonderful day. Today I woke up, spent over a half hour with the Lord praying and reading The word. Took a shower. Went outside and read a lovely book and had some yummy strawberry lemonade and laid in the grass looking up at the beautiful sky:). Right then and there I had contentment. I felt The Lord telling me, you are here right now for a reason. I have placed you in this family (the same family I loose my patience with so often) in this time, in this place, for my perfect will in your life. Right then I realized that I live for tomorrow way to much. I'm to often looking forward to whats happening next, what event I'm attending, who I'm gonna see, and where I'm gonna go. As I was watching a segment in a show the other day on menopause (don't ask) and they were talking about the effects emotionally and fiscally, it dawned on me, I cant always be looking forward to the next thing, especially this summer, it is literally the busiest summer I can remember! Seems like we are always going somewhere! So now more then ever I feel the need to try and enjoy every moment, every memorie, every little baby kiss, every smile, every kind word, every laugh, every Friend, every prayer, every song, every blessing I have in my life. For they are completely uncountable. I am blessed beyond compare. I don't have to worry about my future. I have such peace in my life. And I know it cant stay like this forever, someday, when its the Lords will, I will marry my prince, have children, and move on from this life, I will start my own family and make all new memories. I cant relive these times, I cant go back. This is such a special time. Having my family so close. I have dreams, of exiting things, and some, of peaceful things. But some times lying in the grass looking up at the glorious creation that is the sky, drinking strawberry lemonade, reading a good, and thanking The Lord for this time in my life, can be a beautiful dream <3

So look around you today and saver what you have, thank Him for this time in your life.

~Living In Grace~
Rachel