Saturday, April 30, 2011

How can I keep from singing?

Some of you may know that title is from a Chris Tomlin song. I was listening to it recently and it got me thinking, how can we keep from singing? When a Savior so perfect would die on the cross for our sins, so that we could live with Him forever. And loved us so much that He would go through the level of pain that He did. How can we not be giddy with joy? Why do we let ourselves be "silent" Christians? Why don't people hear us singing worship songs in the grocery store? Why do we think its just for church, or for our devotion times?


I remember one time I was singing to myself not really thinking just singing about Jesus, and this lady came up to me and said something to me about how it sounded nice, and instead of being happy that she heard me and what I was singing I got all embarrassed and thought "I need to sing quieter". Why would I think that? Even if I sounded horrible (thank goodness I didn't) shouldn't I have been happy that she heard the words? Why have I been letting the worlds idea of "normal", dictate who and what I am?


I don't know about you but when I think of what He did for me, I want to sing! Now don't go starting a protest. But don't be afraid to sing or to wear that shirt that gets someones attention, so that you can talk to them, or just to let other Christians know, hey your not alone! :) Well that's all the rambling for today. Thanks for listening.
~All For Christ~
Rachel
P.s If you could let me know what you think by commenting. It really helps me in my writing. Thanks :)

No comments: