Saturday, January 29, 2011

Love

~Love is patient, love is kind. I does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. I always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 4-8.


We have all heard this verse, do we really try to carry it out? Jesus said "love your enemy's" so that means that we are to be all these things to them, witch I'm sure not everyone is. Nobody is 24-7. I cant even be this way with my family all the time.


Think how it would be if we could love like this, if we could just forget things that have been done to us by others, not be rude, not be self-seeking. Wouldn't that be awesome? I think it would be. The thing is we are supposed to change the world that way. Think if each one of us where like this with just one person, and they with just one. We could shake this world! We could set it on fire with love. And no I don't mean like the hippie's did. But like Jesus taught us to.

Love can not fall in and out like the movies say. "Oh our love just is not there anymore". Love is a choice, yes there is a such thing as attraction but it does not become love until you make that choice to love no matter what, when your angry at each other, when some one is sick, when they let you down. We as people are going to let each other down, we are human for goodness sake, but the true love comes out when that happens, when we love some one even though they let us down, we are really loving, God loves us even when we sin.

Isn't that amazing? I can never ever love like that. Love. Lets try to love like this in the coming week. I know I'm going to try.

Well I hope this can challenge you to love as He loved.

~Out Of His Great Love~
Rachel

No comments: